The WaveNeuro Two Fast Scan Cyclic Voltammetry (FSCV) Potentiostat Basic Bundle is a unique electrochemical instrument you will not find from other traditional electrochemical suppliers. We are excited to bring high quality, regularly available, and uniquely designed neuroelectrochemical research products to you. Designed by FSCV scientists for FSCV scientists, the WaveNeuro Two is well-designed, of high quality construction, and supported by a company dedicated to supporting the instrument, as well as you the researcher. The WaveNeuro Two seeks to fill the gap that exists for commercial fast-scan cyclic voltammetry (FSCV) systems.
The WaveNeuro Two FSCV Potentiostat Basic bundle does not include the required PCIe-6363 National Instruments data acquisition board. Customers must obtain this interface board separately from National Instruments directly, or consider our WaveNeuro Two FSCV Potentiostat Plus bundle, which includes the interface board.
IMPORTANT! Pine Research does not provide software for the WaveNeuro potentiostat. Third-party software is available which allows the FSCV technique to be performed using the WaveNeuro potentiostat. Pine Research recommends that customers purchase the "HDCV" software package offered by the The University of North Carolina CRITCL Facility. The HDCV software package was developed by the original FSCV researchers, and it is described in detail in the scientific literature. Inquire directly with the CRITCL Facility to obtain an HDCV license.
The WaveNeuro Two Potentiostat was designed for the scientist (neuroscientist, psychologist, physician, chemist, biologist, etc.) who seeks to study the link between the brain chemistry of electroactive species (such as monoamines, catecholamines like dopamine and serotonin, oxygen, peroxide, etc.) and physiology (such as structure, function, disease, neural transmission, etc.) and behavior (such as addiction, impulsivity, decision-making, etc.). Microdialysis, still a technique used in the field, can provide high spatial resolution for detection of these chemical species but offers poor temporal resolution. FSCV, as a technique, provides both high spatial and high temporal resolution. Coupled with carbon fiber microelectrodes, FSCV provides a well-established platform for in-vivo and in-vitro experimentation.
Traditionally, the products and instrumentation required to perform FSCV have only been available through scientific connections with developing laboratories. As the technique has grown in popularity, due in part to its relative ease of use, the availability of instrumentation has not followed the same trend. We are excited to bring such FSCV instrumentation to the market, thereby providing the robust technical, service, and sales support you have come to expect in the field of research instrumentation.
The WaveNeuro Two seeks to fill the gap that exists for commercial FSCV systems by providing systems with many novel features, such as:
- Products are in stock and ready to ship! Who can wait 8 weeks or more when your research productivity is on the line?
- A system that breaks from the past, with an overall updated design, including: a "breakout box" built into and included with the WaveNeuro, intuitive and clearly-labeled connectors, in a small dimensional footprint.
- Built for flexibility - includes behavioral input mapping to digital and analog input/output connections.
- Designed with Pine Research modular headstage cable design, preventing that "pile of unknown headstage/cables" that so many labs make over time.
- Now evolved design to accommodate two working electrode (headstage) channels simultaneously! Twice the data per experiment for a nominal increase in price. Expand your productivity.